Texas is known for its bustling cities, cowboy heritage, and mouth-watering barbeque. But the Lone Star State also has plenty of spots where you can escape the hustle and bustle and get some much-needed R&R. Whether you’re looking for some sun and sea, a quiet retreat in the heart of nature, or a spa weekend, Texas has it all. In this post, we’re sharing five vacation spots where you can relax and unwind in Texas.
1. Fredericksburg: Nestled in the Texas Hill Country, Fredericksburg is a charming small town with German influences that make it feel like you’re in a European village. It’s the perfect place for strolling down Main Street and browsing boutiques, galleries and wineries. Take a scenic drive to Enchanted Rock State Natural Area and hike up the pink granite dome for stunning views of the countryside. For a luxurious stay, check out the Hoffman Haus, a boutique bed and breakfast set in lush gardens.
2. South Padre Island: For those who love the beach, South Padre Island is a must-visit. Situated at the southernmost tip of Texas, it offers miles of sandy shores, clear blue water, and plenty of opportunities for fishing, boating, and water sports. Rent a beach house or check into one of the island’s many resorts for a relaxing stay. Don’t miss the chance to watch a hatching turtle release or take a sunset dolphin watching cruise.
3. Marfa: Marfa is a quirky town located in the middle of the West Texas desert. It’s famous for its minimalist art installations, but it’s also a great place to unwind and soak up the desert vibes. Take a stroll under a clear West Texas sky, stargaze at the McDonald Observatory, or sip a margarita at one of the local bars. Stay at the Hotel Paisano for a touch of glamour – it’s where James Dean and Elizabeth Taylor stayed while filming Giant.
4. Wimberley: If you’re looking for a romantic escape, Wimberley is the perfect spot. Located in the Texas Hill Country, this charming town offers idyllic views of Cypress Creek and the Blanco River. Check out the Blue Hole regional park for swimming in natural spring water or take a scenic drive out to Jacob’s Well for a swim in a natural swimming hole. Stay at the Creekhaven Inn, a cozy B&B set in a stunning natural setting.
5. Hill Country Wine Trail: If you’re a wine lover, the Hill Country Wine Trail is the ultimate spot for R&R. This scenic region is home to over 50 wineries, spread out across 15,000 square miles of rolling hills and picturesque valleys. Take a leisurely drive along the trail and stop by some of the wineries for tastings and tours. Stay at the luxurious Lake Austin Spa Resort for a spa weekend and indulge in some pampering treatments.
Whether you’re looking for a beach vacation, a desert retreat, or a wine-tasting getaway, Texas has plenty of spots where you can relax and unwind. From charming small towns to luxurious resorts, there’s no shortage of places to destress and recharge in the Lone Star State. So pack your bags and head to Texas for some much-needed R&R!
If you’re looking to move to a relaxing setting in the Texas Hill Country, why buy when you can build your dream home? Reach out to one of our supporters, Summit Oak Builders of New Braunfels. They build luxury custom homes in the Texas Hill Country and you’ll love what they can do!…